Friday, August 15, 2008

Another Tiny Step

Can you find Scott in the photo? Look way to the left...he's the one without a hat.

Yesterday we heard more on our case. At this point, any tiny bit of information makes us feel comforted. Our case worker had this news for us:

"The Ministry of Education in Moscow has provided a letter to clarify how cases will be allowed to proceed. You'll also see mention of the databank release letter; I'm not sure if you know what this refers to or not so I'll explain -- it's an official piece of paper from the federal databank office in Moscow that states your child has been on the databank registry listed as an orphan, for the correct length of time and it "releases" her for international adoption. It's usually one of the last pieces of paperwork that the judge gets before setting a court date."

Our letter needs to be resent because it had an error. This sort of news doesn't really surprise me anymore and it all sounds very good. What I took from this is that we WILL be traveling to get Our Precious Girl and that's all that matters. We're not sure when the travel date will be and until then, we'll just keep praying that she is happy and knows that we're coming soon.

I'll begin setting up my classroom next week and I'm super excited! I have a great team to work with and this will be our second year in the 3rd grade. It's always nice when you change grades and you get that first year completed. Now I know the curriculum and I'm ready to have some fun!!

I told you that Scott was in the Middle East last week and I'd like to post a few photos from his trip. He gets to go to some amazing places!

No comments: